Sixth Form Dress Code
Furze Platt School is a place of work. It has a long-standing tradition and a place of respect in the local community. Our Sixth Form students have a special role in representing the school within the community and as an aspiration for younger students. They are, therefore, expected to dress accordingly:
- A tailored (fitted) suit, plain in colour, comprising of a fitted suit jacket with matching trousers, or a matching skirt or dress. (stretch lycra skirts, jeans and leggings are NOT permitted).
- A tie (any colour or pattern) and shirt (plain in colour, all shirts should always be tucked in), or a fitted blouse/shirt (plain colour with collar). Blouses/shirts must be of a length that does not expose the midriff, particularly when reaching or stretching. Any camisoles worn underneath must be white.
- Footwear – dark colour leather shoes or smart ankle boots. (trainers, sling-backs, flip-flops, canvas shoes, thick rubber soled shoes, casual boots or stilettos are NOT permitted).
- Socks – black, grey, blue or white, or plain tights – dark or natural colour.
- Pullover (V-necked) – plain colour or cardigan – to be worn as an additional layer under a jacket if required (sweatshirts/round-necked/hooded pullovers are NOT permitted).
- Make up and jewellery should be discreet