Skip to content ↓


Students at Furze Platt Senior School are provided with first class support and guidance. We want our students to feel happy, safe and secure so that they can enjoy their learning.

To contact our Pastoral team please email

Pastoral Structure

The pastoral system is overseen by our Deputy Headteacher.

The following members of the support staff have a specific pastoral remit:-

  • Pastoral Managers - Day to day pastoral matters, routine contact with parents, liaison with external agencies and some mentoring.
  • Attendance Officer - First day absence arrangements, contact with parents regarding absences, register maintenance, liaison with EWO etc.
  • Parent Support Advisor - Works in close liaison with the pastoral team and Heads of Progress.

Forms will meet every morning each week and are engaged in a range of activities - assemblies, House and team challenges, mentoring and guidance.

Additional Support

The Heads of Progress work with a wide range of outside agencies to support pastoral care, including the Education Welfare Service, Educational Psychologists, CAMHS and Social Services. Should you feel your child requires extra support, please contact your child’s Head of House.  You can find their details on our contact page here.