Admissions 2022 (Year 6 to Year 7)
Furze Platt Senior School is a popular and oversubscribed mixed secondary school on the northern side of Maidenhead. We are an Academy and as such the Governing Body is the Admission Authority for the school.
Primary to Secondary School transition – September 2022
- A Year 5 Open Morning will be held on 28 June 2021. Bookings are essential as places are limited. Please note this event was cancelled due to Covid-19.
- If you wish to book a tour please call our Reception Team on 01628 625308 after the May half term. Please note, further tours will be available during September and October 2021, along with our popular Open Evening - provisional date 7 October 2021.
- Admissions to Year 7 at Furze Platt Senior School are administered by the School Admissions Department at The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead (RBWM). If you do not live within this Borough your application must be made through your home local authority, such as Buckinghamshire, Slough etc. RBWM can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Full details of the admissions process for a Year 7 place for the start of the academic year are published on the RBWM website: www.rbwm.gov.uk and also our website.
- School tours are available during September and October each year between 9.15am and 10.15am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays - to be confirmed. Tours are led by our Year 8 students. If you wish to book a tour please call our Reception Team on 01628 625308. Places are limited, must be reserved and are subject to the latest Covid-19 guidelines.
- The RBWM Admissions portal closes for applications at midnight on 31 October in the year preceding entry (please note: other boroughs may differ).
- The Secondary School allocation day is Tuesday 2 March 2022. Notification is by your preferred method of contact as indicated on the RBWM admissions portal.
- Parents are given a two-week window to accept their allocation or to be placed on the waiting list of a secondary school higher up on their preference list.
- RBWM pass us our waiting list within two weeks of this acceptance window closing. Furze Platt Senior School then manages the waiting list and if an offer can subsequently be made we will instruct RBWM to make that offer. To find out where your child is on our waiting list please contact us on 01628 625308 extension 131 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bear in mind that your place on our waiting list can move up as well as down. We are obliged to add new instructions, according to our over subscription criteria, by RBWM.
- Our Admissions pack will be sent to the Parent/Carer address as indicated on your online Admissions application, at the end of March/beginning of April.
- Where your child is in receipt of Free School Meals it is important that you arrange for your child’s primary/junior school to transfer over their record promptly to us in order for Free School Meals to continue smoothly. Our Free School Meal daily allowance is £2.30.
- Our Admissions pack must be returned promptly (a date will be specified in our Admissions pack) in order to be able to set up your child’s record.
- Each year we hold a transition day(s) for all successful primary/junior school applicants. The date of this transition day(s) will be confirmed in your Admissions pack. On this day(s) your child will find out their House and will be able to purchase their House tie. The cost of a tie is £5.
- We have a designated Primary to Secondary School transition co-ordinator (Mr C Burrows). If you have any queries, specific to your child’s needs, please email him at email@example.com.
- On the first day of term in the new academic year your child will be given a copy of their timetable. Dates of the new academic year can be found here.
- Parents will be invited to a 'Preparing to Succeed in Year 7' evening in the new academic year, where you will be given details on how to access Go 4 Schools.
- In addition, you will be offered the opportunity to meet your child’s Head of House. Bookings are made via our Parent Evening system and you will be informed when this event is being held and when yo can make a booking.
- Parents will receive a minimum of three progress reports per academic year during Key Stage 3 in Terms 2, 4 and 6.