Admissions (In-Year Transfer application process Years 7 – 11)
Where you wish to consider moving your child from their current secondary school placement, our In-Year Transfer application process must be followed. If your child has an Educational Healthcare Plan all enquiries must go via The Children and Young People Disability Service. They can be contacted on 01628 685878.
Where requests are received to join our school during the summer shutdown (20 July 2020 to 31 August 2020 inclusive) our ability to turnaround requests is limited due to the availability of key staff.
Our students who joined either Year 7 or 8 from September 2018 onwards now select their GCSE Options in Year 9. Further details about our Curriculum can be found here.
- In-Year Transfer applications to are administered by our Admissions team at Furze Platt Senior School. To express an interest to join an existing year group please download and complete our In-Year Application Form (please scroll to the bottom of the link) and return to our Reception.
- In order to handle enquiries efficiently all sections of the form must be complete. Incomplete forms will be returned and may delay any opportunity to join, should a place become available.
- For entries into Year 9, 10 or 11 consideration will need to be given to your preferred GCSE option choices and our actual class availability. Should a place become available, this will form a key part of the meeting with a member of our Senior Leadership Team.
- Where an opportunity arises in the year group of interest and you are top of our waiting list (please refer to our Admissions policy for our oversubscription criteria), you will be invited to a meeting with a member of our Senior Leadership Team.
- Where there are no immediate spaces available, you will be offered the opportunity to be placed on our waiting list for the current academic year only.
- For each new academic year, a further application will need to be made.
- To make an application to appeal, please see the RBWM appeals information or contact the Democratic Services Department at RBWM on 01628 796319.
- All appeals are heard by an independent Appeals Panel, who consider the presented case on its own merits. If the appeal is heard in your favour, Furze Platt Senior School will receive an instruction to accept your application form.
- Once a place is offered a start date will be mutually agreed. We are legally only allowed to offer school places one term in advance of the term the child would start.
- Where your child is in receipt of Free School Meals it is important that you arrange for your child’s existing secondary school to transfer over their record promptly to us in order for Free School Meals to continue smoothly. Our Free School Meal daily allowance is £2.20.
- On your child’s first day they will need to buy their House tie (£5 for Years 7 and 8, £8 for Years 9, 10 and 11) and will shadow an existing student, who will meet them in Reception. On their second day they will follow their timetable.