Admissions (In-Year Transfer application process Years 7 – 11)
Where you wish to consider moving your child from their current secondary school placement, our In-Year Transfer application process must be followed. If your child has an Educational Healthcare Plan all enquiries must go via The Children and Young People Disability Service. They can be contacted on 01628 685878.
We are an oversubscribed secondary school so please do contact our Admissions Department on 01628 625308 Ext 131 to find out our latest availability.
- In-Year Transfer applications are administered by our Admissions Team at Furze Platt Senior School. To express an interest to join an existing year group please download and complete our In-Year Application Form and return to our Reception. A copy of the form can also be obtained from our Reception area.
- In order to handle enquiries efficiently, all sections of the form must be complete and returned with the relevant attachments. Incomplete forms will be returned and may delay any opportunity to join, should a place become available.
- Your completed application to join will be passed to our Senior Leadership Team for a response. From this date it can take up to 10 school days and a letter notifying you of the outcome will be sent no later than 15 school days after.
- For entries into Year 10 or 11 consideration will need to be given to your child's preferred GCSE option choices and our actual class availability. Should a place become available, this will form a key part of the meeting with a member of our Senior Leadership Team.
- Where an opportunity arises in the year group of interest, and you are top of our waiting list (please refer to our Admissions policy for our oversubscription criteria), you will be invited to a meeting with a member of our Senior Leadership Team. This meeting is an opportunity for you to ask any questions about your child's admission and to agree a suitable start date.
- Where there are no immediate spaces available, you will receive a letter offering the opportunity to be placed on our waiting list for the current academic year only. You will need to complete the form supplied and return to us. Please refer to our Admissions Policy and oversubscription criteria for managing our waiting lists.
- For each new academic year, a further In Year Transfer application will need to be made with supporting documentation.
- To make an application to appeal, please see the RBWM appeals information or contact the Democratic Services Department at RBWM on 01628 796319.
- All appeals are heard by an Independent Appeals Panel, who consider the presented case on its own merits. If the appeal is heard in your favour, Furze Platt Senior School will receive an instruction to accept your application form.
- Once a place is offered a start date will be mutually agreed. We are legally only allowed to offer school places one term in advance of the term the child would start.
- Where your child is in receipt of Free School Meals it is important that you arrange for your child’s existing secondary school to transfer over their record promptly to us in order for Free School Meals to continue smoothly. Our Free School Meal daily allowance is £2.65.
- On your child’s first day they will need to buy their House tie (£8) and will shadow an existing student who will meet them in Reception. On their second day they will follow their timetable.
- Where an application is received during school closures (half-terms, Christmas, Easter and the Summer holiday) they will be prepared for the Senior Leadership Team at the first available opportunity when the term restarts. Please make sure all supporting documentation is attached as this could further delay your request.